The independent news organization of Duke University

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity junior and sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Articles

Duke and North Carolina meet Saturday for the third time this season.
SPORTS  |  MEN'S BASKETBALL

Beats' picks: Will Duke men's basketball defeat North Carolina in Final Four rubber match?

The stakes have never been higher for No. 2-seed Duke and No. 8-seed North Carolina, with the two sides facing off Saturday in the Final Four in New Orleans for the first time in NCAA tournament history. With a spot in the national championship game on the line, here's who our beats predict will come out on top.

Big man Mark Williams has recorded at least three blocks in each of Duke's NCAA tournament games.
SPORTS  |  MEN'S BASKETBALL

Beats' picks: Can Duke men's basketball down Arkansas and move on to Final Four?

Duke comes in as a four-point favorite in this Elite Eight matchup against Arkansas in San Francisco. At the end of this one, the winner at Chase Center will come away with a spot in the Final Four in New Orleans and a chance at putting their team in the college basketball record books.

After suffering an ankle injury late in the game against Michigan State, head coach Mike Krzyzewski said Griffin was good to play Thursday during his Wednesday press conference.
SPORTS  |  MEN'S BASKETBALL

Beats' picks: Will Duke men's basketball defeat Texas Tech in the Sweet 16?

Duke will face off against Texas Tech at 9:30 p.m. at Chase Center in San Francisco, and given the way these two teams match up and the one-point spread in favor of the Red Raiders, all signs point to a nail-biter. Let's see who our beats pick to move on to the Elite Eight.

More Articles

Media

Students lined up for over three hours to register for the lottery line Monday.
NEWS

Our beats open up their brackets and break down their picks in this year's NCAA men's basketball tournament.
NEWS

More Media