What we know so far about Duke men's basketball's 2022-23 schedule

Duke's 2022-23 schedule features a rematch of last season's showdown against Ohio State.

With the college basketball season fast approaching and Duke's upcoming nonconference slate now official, The Chronicle is here to piece together the details of the Blue Devils' 2022-23 schedule. Here is everything we know so far:

Nonconference schedule

The Blue Devils will compete in a preseason secret scrimmage (opponent to be announced) and will also face Division II Fayetteville State in an exhibition Nov. 2 at Cameron Indoor Stadium.

• Nov. 7 vs. Jacksonville: Duke will kick off its 11-game nonconference slate on its home floor. The Blue Devils typically open play at the Champions Classic but will instead host the Dolphins at Cameron Indoor Stadium to open Jon Scheyer's first season as head coach.
  • Champions Classic: In this year's blue-blood gathering, Duke is set to take on defending national champion Kansas Nov. 15 in Indianapolis. The Blue Devils and Jayhawks boast the first and fourth-ranked incoming recruiting classes in the sport, respectively, and appear equipped to reprise their Final Four runs from 2021-22.
  • PK85 Legacy: As classes break for Thanksgiving, the Blue Devils will head west to Portland, Ore., to participate in an eight-team event celebrating Nike founder Phil Knight's 85th birthday. The field features Xavier, West Virginia, Purdue, Portland State, Oregon State, Gonzaga, Florida and Duke. The official bracket is yet to be announced, but CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein reports that the Blue Devils will face off against Oregon State first.
  • ACC/Big Ten Challenge: After suffering their first loss at Ohio State in 2021-22, the Blue Devils will host the Buckeyes in a Power Five rematch Nov. 30. Head coach Chris Holtmann's team will look as different as Scheyer's, however, with the sixth-ranked incoming class and a trio of transfers.
  • Jimmy V Classic: As part of a doubleheader event honoring Jim Valvano's legacy, Duke will take on Iowa Dec. 6 at New York's Madison Square Garden. The Hawkeyes, who won the Big Ten tournament in 2021-22 before falling in a first-round upset at the NCAA tournament, face the Blue Devils for the first time since 2001.
  • Home games: Duke announced its full nonconference schedule July 21, making official home matchups with USC Upstate (Nov. 11), Delaware (Nov. 18), Bellarmine (Nov. 21) and Maryland Eastern-Shore (Dec. 10).

ACC schedule

Each ACC team plays eight conference opponents once per season and the remaining six teams twice per season under the current schedule model. While official dates and times are yet to be announced, the outline of the Blue Devils' 2022-23 conference slate is as follows.

• Home: Florida State, Louisville, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh
  • Away: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Syracuse, Virginia
  • Home and away: Boston College, Miami, North Carolina, N.C. State, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

This article was last updated July 21 following the announcement of Duke's nonconference schedule. It will be updated as more scheduling details become available.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “What we know so far about Duke men's basketball's 2022-23 schedule” on social media.