Duke men's and women's basketball to play in PK85 in 2022-23 season

Jon Scheyer will be Duke's head coach by time the PK85 rolls around next season.

The 2021-22 basketball season isn't even over yet, but the 2022-23 schedule for Duke men's and women's basketball is already taking place. 

The Blue Devils will play in the PK85 in Portland, Ore., Nov. 24-27 in 2022, an event hosted by Rip City Management, LLC to celebrate Nike founder Phil Knight's 85th birthday, per releases from both programs Tuesday afternoon. The tournament will have an eight-team men's field consisting of Duke, Xavier, West Virginia, Purdue, Portland State, Oregon State, Gonzaga and Florida and a four-team women's field made up of Duke, Connecticut, Iowa and Oregon State.

All games will be played between the University of Portland's Chilies Center, the Moda Center (Portland Trailblazers' arena) and the Veterans Memorial Coliseum. 

Duke men's basketball participated in the event in 2017, during which it won its bracket.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's and women's basketball to play in PK85 in 2022-23 season” on social media.