Report: Duke women's basketball's Boykin, Anastasieska, Adams enter transfer portal

Mikayla Boykin averaged 6.8 points across 37 career games in Durham.

When the Blue Devils next take the court, they’ll be missing some key upperclassmen.

Mikayla Boykin, Sara Anastasieska and Jayda Adams have entered the transfer portal, according to a report from Bleacher Report's Ari Chambers. All are classified as grad transfers, and won’t need a waiver to play next season.

Anastasieska had also confirmed her intent to transfer on her own Twitter page.

Boykin was a blue-chip prospect out of high school, coming to Duke as the No. 21 overall recruit in the Class of 2017. The point guard showed flashes of excellence throughout her time as a Blue Devil, but had each of her first two seasons cut short by ACL tears. She returned during the middle of last season and played a key role off the bench in the team's push to a likely NCAA tournament bid, and likely would’ve emerged as this season's starting point guard once she ramped back up to competitive play.

Adams has similarly struggled with injuries, missing this year's shortened campaign as well as last season with ACL tears of her own. She was a regular in the rotation for her underclassmen years, though, carving out a 3-&-D wing role on teams full of point guards and bigs.

Anastasieska was herself a grad transfer from California this year, having also transferred to the Golden Bears in 2016 after one season at UTSA. A combo-guard, she was one of the first players off the bench in each of Duke’s four games this season.

Share and discuss “Report: Duke women's basketball's Boykin, Anastasieska, Adams enter transfer portal” on social media.