Former Duke men's basketball guard Cassius Stanley slams down a must-see dunk

Stanley once again displayed the athleticism that made him a fan favorite during his one season in Durham.

When the camera is rolling, Cassius Stanley has an uncanny knack for filling its storage space with showstopper dunks. On Thursday afternoon, Stanley shared an Instagram post where he skied off the hardwood and threw down a dunk that seems like it should only be possible in video games.

Stanley jokingly commented on the post that the purpose of the dunk was because he was “checking to see if [he] still got it.” If that under-the-legs left-handed slam where his forehead nearly hit the rim was any indication, Stanley is still the elite player he was when he left Duke a few months ago.

View this post on Instagram

Checking to see if I still got it ???

A post shared by Cassius Stanley (@cassiusstanley) on

Joining the list of stunned witnesses to Stanley's dunk is the 2018-19 NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo, who added in some playful banter of his own on Twitter. Antetokounmpo claims that "its gotta be the shoes" in regards to what is allowing Stanley to seemingly transcend the normal laws of physics.

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Former Duke men's basketball guard Cassius Stanley slams down a must-see dunk” on social media.