Matthew Hurt and Wendell Moore Jr. officially announce return to Duke men's basketball for sophomore seasons

Hurt was Duke's ace from long range last year.

Matthew Hurt is good from distance, as per usual.

The 6-foot-9 forward announced he would be returning to Duke for his sophomore year via Instagram Thursday evening. Last season, Hurt recorded 9.7 points and 3.8 rebounds per game while hitting a team-high 42 long-range buckets on a 39.3-percent mark.

Hurt came to Durham last year as the 11th-ranked recruit in his class, according to ESPN. However, inconsistency plagued the sharpshooter. A great example of this occurred in the Minnesota native's two performances against Boston College this past season: after dominating the Eagles with a season-high 25 points on 5-of-10 shooting from deep Dec. 31, Hurt scored just two points on 1-of-6 shooting against the same opponent Feb. 4.

Just a day after Hurt's announcement, forward Wendell Moore Jr. also announced his return to the Blue Devils for his sophomore campaign via a similar Instagram post.

View this post on Instagram

Unfinished Business ?

A post shared by Wendell Moore (@thewendellmoore) on

Of course, due to the coronavirus, we didn't get to see Hurt or Moore show off their growth in the ACC or NCAA tournaments. The stolen opportunity probably played a factor in their decisions to return to Duke.

Cassius Stanley had mentioned Hurt and Moore returning to Durham in his press conference last Friday, but no official announcements from Hurt or Moore themselves had been made until now.

Share and discuss “Matthew Hurt and Wendell Moore Jr. officially announce return to Duke men's basketball for sophomore seasons” on social media.