Duke women's lacrosse outlasts High Point

Taylor Trimble's fifth hat trick of the season helped the Blue Devils come from behind to beat High Point.

No. 7 Duke edged High Point 10-9 Wednesday night at Vert Stadium in High Point, N.C. Led by five points from junior attack Kerrin Maurer and a hat trick from junior Taylor Trimble, the Blue Devils (8-4, 2-2 in the ACC) pulled away from the Panthers (4-5) in the second half to secure a fifth victory in their last six contests.

The Blue Devils trailed 4-2 at halftime but mounted an early second-half comeback, netting three goals in the period’s first 13 minutes to knot the score at five apiece.

After High Point took back the lead, a quick scoring barrage swung momentum in Duke’s favor. Trailing 7-6 with 13:19 remaining, the Blue Devils scored four unanswered goals in a 1:21 span—two of them on Maurer-to-Trimble plays—to take a commanding 10-7 edge. The Duke defense surrendered two goals down the stretch but held strong to secure the victory despite some offensive turnovers.

The Blue Devils play their final home game of the season Saturday at noon against Boston College at Koskinen Stadium.

Share and discuss “Duke women's lacrosse outlasts High Point” on social media.