Scenes from EarthFest 2024

EarthFest, an annual celebration of Earth Day by various environmentally-minded organizations at Duke, took place from 12 to 4 p.m. Friday on the Bryan Center Plaza.

Organized by student organization Environmental Alliance, the event featured displays by a number of student groups, University offices and local organizations that promote climate-consciousness and sustainability.

This year's EarthFest theme was "Feast for the Future," and organizers encouraged participants to "come learn about sustainable dining and other ways to reduce your carbon footprint."

Students also participated in activities, namely the Devil's Thrifthouse: an annual thrifting pop-up organized by Sustainable Duke, Duke Fashion Exchange and East Campus Council.

EarthFest's co-sponsors included Duke Dining, Duke Climate Coalition, the Nicholas School of the Environment, the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, the Duke Campus Farm, Operation Climate, Duke Energy Club, Sustainable Duke, the Alt Protein Project, the Durham Co-op Market, the Transformative Systems Project, the Undergraduate Environmental Union, Sunrise Durham and the Food Recovery Network.

Many prospective Duke students and their families also engaged in the event's festivities, visiting campus for Blue Devil Days.

Zoe Kolenovsky contributed reporting.

Share and discuss “Scenes from EarthFest 2024” on social media.