Duke football center Jacob Monk drafted 163rd overall by Green Bay Packers

Jacob Monk was a second-team All-ACC selection last season.

For only the second time in 28 years, Duke football has three players selected in the NFL draft. 

Jacob Monk, a five-year offensive lineman, was drafted with the 163rd pick to the Green Bay Packers

The two-team team captain has been a staple for the Blue Devil offensive line as a five-year starter, going from right tackle to right guard to center. Monk earned second-team All-ACC honors this past season, as the line only allowed 1.31 sacks per game. He also has been an honorable mention All-ACC selection twice, and was the ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week in Duke's win against N.C. State this season. 

The Clayton, N.C., native has made a remarkable 58 starts in his Blue Devil career, and was a vocal leader for an offense that went through a lot of turnover last season. Monk joins fellow offensive lineman Graham Barton and defensive lineman DeWayne Carter in this year's draft. 

Monk will hope to earn a spot on the Packers' roster and play a role in protecting promising young quarterback Jordan Love. 

Ranjan Jindal profile
Ranjan Jindal | Sports Editor

Ranjan Jindal is a Trinity sophomore and sports editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke football center Jacob Monk drafted 163rd overall by Green Bay Packers ” on social media.