NLE Choppa to headline 2023 LDOC concert, along with performances by 070 Shake and Cafuné

NLE Choppa will headline the annual Last Day of Classes concert on April 26, according to a video release from the DUU LDOC Committee. Additional acts include 070 Shake and Cafuné. 

Bryson Lashun Potts, who performs with the name NLE Choppa, is a rapper from Memphis, Tenn. His most recent hit “Slut Me Out” is currently charting on the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 82. Choppa described himself as “a young boss with street-savvy” to Spotify.

His 2019 hit, Shotta Flow, went certified platinum when Potts was only 16 years old. His debut album “Top Shotta” was released in 2020 under Potts’ own label, No Love Entertainment. The album featured singles “Camelot” and “Walk Em Down,” which both peaked in the top 40 of the Billboard Hot 100. His next album, “Cottonwood 2,” is set to be released April 14.

Danielle Balbuena, who goes by her stage name 070 Shake, is a rapper and singer from North Bergen, N.J. Balbuena broke onto the scene with her 2016 song “Trust Nobody,” which was picked up by Kanye West’s label G.O.O.D Music. Since then, she has had features on “Ghost Town” and “Violent Crimes” from West’s Ye, as well as “Santeria” from Pusha T’s Daytona. Her style has been described as a “tormented, cathartic blend of rap and R&B,” featuring “woozy, plaintive songwriting [with an] intoxicating touch.” 

In 2018, Balbuena released her own EP, “Glitter,” before her 2020 debut album, “Modus Vivendi.” In 2022, she released her sophomore album, “You Can’t Kill Me” and her compilation “Double Sided: Alt,” which included the single “Lose My Cool,” featuring NLE Choppa. 

Cafuné, a platinum-certified pop duo consisted of singer/songwriter Sedona Schat and producer Noah Yoo, who met in college at New York University. They released their hit song “Tek It” in 2019, which went viral on TikTok and resulted in a record deal with Elektra Records in 2022. Their music has been described as “dreamy, sentimental indie pop.”

This is a developing story and will be updated if more information becomes available. 

Anisha Reddy | Senior Editor

Anisha Reddy is a Trinity junior and a senior editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “NLE Choppa to headline 2023 LDOC concert, along with performances by 070 Shake and Cafuné” on social media.