Meet the candidates for Duke Student Government president and executive vice president

Duke Student Government elections are March 1 and 2, and the candidates are making their cases to the student body.

Juniors Chase Barclay, Isaiah Hamilton and Robert Sprung are running for DSG president, while juniors Ashley Bae and Brandon Qin are running for the executive vice president position. Check out the profiles below for in-depth information about each candidate.

DSG President

DSG Chase Barclay final

Chase Barclay

Barclay, a senator for academic affairs in DSG, wants to work with administrators and students to make DSG more accessible and transparent to the student body, as well as advocate for cultural groups' existing demands. 

Hamilton is the current president pro tempore of DSG and plans to make DSG more accessible to student groups that have been historically underserved by Duke by prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion.   

DSG Robert Sprung

Robert Sprung

Sprung, co-president of Crowell’s quad council and president of the Duke International Relations Association, plans to reform and increase community within QuadEx and reinvigorate social life on-campus.

DSG Executive Vice President

DSG Ashley Bae

Ashley Bae

Ashley Bae, a DSG senator and vice president of the Services and Sustainability Committee, hopes to demystify what DSG does, restore DSG’s relationship with other student groups and amplify student advocacy beyond DSG. 

DSG Brandon Qin

Brandon Qin

Brandon Qin, currently a DSG senator for the Campus Life Committee, aims to support cultural and identity student groups, reinvigorate the on-campus social scene, and improve student safety and accessibility. 

Share and discuss “Meet the candidates for Duke Student Government president and executive vice president” on social media.