2023 4-star forward Sean Stewart commits to Duke men's basketball

<p>Head coach-in-waiting Jon Scheyer adds Sean Stewart as the second member of Duke's 2023 recruiting class.</p>

Head coach-in-waiting Jon Scheyer adds Sean Stewart as the second member of Duke's 2023 recruiting class.

When it comes to recruiting, head coach-in-waiting Jon Scheyer and the Blue Devils appear to be years ahead of the competition.

Four-star power forward Sean Stewart committed to Duke Thursday afternoon, announcing his decision on Instagram Live with recruiting expert Joe Tipton of On3. The Windermere, Fla., product chose the Blue Devils over Kansas, Michigan, Georgetown and four others to become the second member of Duke’s 2023 recruiting class, joining five-star guard Caleb Foster.

Duke extended an offer to the 6-foot-8, 210 pound forward Nov. 5, the day of his official visit to the program, and Stewart received three 247Sports Crystal Ball predictions in favor of the Blue Devils late Wednesday.

Stewart, the son of former NBA player Michael Stewart, boasts a multi-position approach to the game and the athleticism, physical tools and versatility expected of a recruit of his caliber. Still in his junior year of high school, he continues to improve and has seen his stock rise significantly in 247Sports’ recruiting rankings for the Class of 2023 and as of now sits at No. 25. 

Stewart and Foster should only mark the beginning of another prolific recruiting class for the Blue Devils. Several other top prospects, including top-five 2023 recruit Mackenzie Mgbako, have outstanding offers to join the Duke program in what will be Scheyer’s second year at the helm. Already, the 2023 group holds the top spot in the class rankings to go along with Scheyer's No. 1 2022 class.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “2023 4-star forward Sean Stewart commits to Duke men's basketball” on social media.