2023 recruit Caleb Foster commits to Duke men's basketball

<p>Jon Scheyer landed Caleb Foster, who is the No. 13 recruit on ESPN's Class of 2023 top 100.&nbsp;</p>

Jon Scheyer landed Caleb Foster, who is the No. 13 recruit on ESPN's Class of 2023 top 100. 

Incoming head coach Jon Scheyer is already investing well into the program’s future. 

Caleb Foster, the No. 13 recruit in the Class of 2023, announced his commitment to Duke Thursday evening. Foster is Scheyer’s first get in the 2023 class and the third five-star to commit to the Blue Devils since head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced the 2021-22 season would be his last. ESPN's Paul Biancardi was the first to report the commitment.

Scheyer looks to already have his floor general in Foster. The 6-foot-3 point guard handles the ball with ease and is a threat to shoot off the dribble from beyond the arc and in the midrange. Foster finished this past season averaging 13.6 points with a 47% clip from 3-point range, but he can dish the rock too, tacking on five assists per game. 

Foster has a knack for attacking the rim as well. His 180-pound frame is light for college basketball, but he’s still had no problem finishing in the paint so far in his young career. 

Jake C. Piazza

Jake Piazza is a Trinity senior and was sports editor of The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “2023 recruit Caleb Foster commits to Duke men's basketball” on social media.