2022 3-star center Christian Reeves commits to Duke men's basketball

Incoming head coach Jon Scheyer landed another commit in Christian Reeves for his first recruiting class.

Less than a week after many believed Duke had put the finishing touches on a landmark recruiting season for incoming head coach Jon Scheyer, the Blue Devils got the nod from another class of 2022 prospect.

Christian Reeves, a 7-foot-1 center from Concord, N.C., announced in a surprise commitment Tuesday night that he would be joining the Blue Devils’ already loaded 2022 class. Reeves is the No. 34-ranked center in the country and is a top-10 recruit out of Virginia.

The three-star big man plays for Oak Hill Academy as a teammate of 2023 Duke commit Caleb Foster—who has also been at the center of attention as he mulls reclassifying.

The latest move out of Scheyer’s bottomless bag of tricks was by no means as high profile as the commitments of No. 1-ranked Dereck Lively II or last Friday’s news of No. 10-ranked Mark Mitchell, but the addition of the size of Reeves will significantly benefit the 2022 roster which looks to feature the colossal freshman class. The frontcourt depth also got a boost, as next year’s Blue Devils look to utilize Reeves alongside 7-foot-1 Lively and 6-foot-11 Kyle Filipowski.

Reeves said the top schools he was offered by as of this past weekend were South Carolina and Minnesota, with Creighton also in the mix, per Travis Branham of 247Sports. He noted that Reeves' recruitment was still open and that several other schools were still possibilities, but with four Crystal Ball predictions in favor of the Blue Devils by Tuesday evening, it looked clear that Duke was going to be Reeves' option.

Duke still owns the top-ranked class in the nation.

Micah Hurewitz

Micah Hurewitz is a Trinity senior and was previously a sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “2022 3-star center Christian Reeves commits to Duke men's basketball” on social media.