Cameron Chronicles Season 5, Episode 5: 'Peaks and Valleys'

Through three games, Paolo Banchero is averaging 19.3 points and 8.7 rebounds.

Less than a week in, Duke is 3-0—but it has not quite been all cookies and ice cream for the now-No. 7 team in America. 

The Blue Devils knocked off Kentucky at Madison Square Garden thanks to the freshman duo of Paolo Banchero and Trevor Keels, pulled away from Army late as Wendell Moore Jr. notched the fifth triple-double in program history and survived a scare against Campbell Saturday night. Mostly positives, but still some room for improvement. With a short break before Tuesday night's date with Gardner-Webb, it was time to dissect this early season stretch. 

Cameron Chronicles host Max Rego, along with fellow men's basketball beat writers Jonathan Levitan and Micah Hurewitz, sat down to discuss Duke's start to the campaign, going through an assortment of topics. They talk Coach K rolling out a small-ball lineup Saturday, the emergence of a "Big Three" and more. 

Make sure to subscribe to our feed on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher so you can get your episodes delivered right to your device. Stay tuned for more episodes throughout the season.

Max Rego profile
Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity senior and an associate sports editor for The Chronicle's 118th volume. He was previously sports managing editor for Volume 117.

Micah Hurewitz

Micah Hurewitz is a Trinity senior and was previously a sports managing editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Cameron Chronicles Season 5, Episode 5: 'Peaks and Valleys'” on social media.