Duke football's Victor Dimukeje chosen by Arizona Cardinals in 6th round of NFL Draft

Dimukeje is second in Duke history with 21.5 sacks in 49 starts.

Victor Dimukeje is headed to the Grand Canyon State.

Saturday, the former Blue Devil edge rusher was selected by the Arizona Cardinals with the 210th overall pick of the NFL Draft. He becomes the seventh Blue Devil to be drafted by the franchise.

Dimukeje was a production machine during his time in Durham, racking up 21.5 sacks—second in program history—36.0 tackles for loss and five forced fumbles in 49 games, all of which were starts. With that level of consistency and experience in the ACC, it is expected that the Boys' Latin School alum will challenge for a roster spot and provide depth along the defensive line in Arizona.

Based on the tape, Dimukeje presents a skillset defined by power and solid technique. The defensive end's athleticism doesn't jump off the screen, but his consistency and ability to get pressure from the edge and through the interior in multiple spots is what teams are looking for out of pass rushers. 

Dimukeje is the fourth Blue Devil to hear his name called during this year's draft, as fellow sack master Chris Rumph II, safety Michael Carter II and tight end Noah Gray were all drafted earlier Saturday.

Max Rego profile
Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity senior and an associate sports editor for The Chronicle's 118th volume. He was previously sports managing editor for Volume 117.

Share and discuss “Duke football's Victor Dimukeje chosen by Arizona Cardinals in 6th round of NFL Draft ” on social media.