The independent news organization of Duke University

Meet the candidates for Duke Student Government president and EVP

Duke Student Government elections are March 11 and 12, and the candidates are making their cases to the student body. 

Juniors Carlos Diaz and Christina Wang are running for DSG president. Juniors Ramya Ginjupalli, Zac Johnson and Jackson Kennedy are running for executive vice president. Check out the profiles below for in-depth information about each candidate.

Simran Prakash

Carlos Diaz

Diaz, a member of DSG's Latinx Caucus and the president of Mi Gente, plans to work closely with student groups and make Duke more equitable for all as DSG president.

Jackson Muraika

Christina Wang

Wang is currently DSG vice president of equity and outreach, and she wants to work with administrators and student groups to make Duke more equitable, accessible and student-centered. 

Simran Prakash

Ramya Ginjupalli

Ginjupalli, currently DSG vice president of campus life, plans to give the student body a greater voice in DSG projects, promote connection between members of the student body and collaborate closely with student groups.

Rebecca Schneid

Zac Johnson

If Johnson, currently DSG vice president of services and sustainability, wins the EVP race, he hopes to initiate long-term collaborative projects that address underrepresented students’ concerns.

Winnie Lu

Jackson Kennedy

Kennedy, a senator on the academic affairs committee, hopes to advocate for students in their academic pursuits and create a stronger, more inclusive university community.

Share and discuss “Meet the candidates for Duke Student Government president and EVP” on social media.

Trending