The independent news organization of Duke University

Duke football's Chris Rumph II, Michael Carter II and Victor Dimukeje receive All-ACC honors

Chris Rumph II was named to the All-ACC Second Team after a season that saw him make life miserable for opposing quarterbacks.

Despite a disappointing season, the Blue Devils had three players earn All-ACC honors.

Chris Rumph II, Michael Carter II and Victor Dimukeje all garnered recognition Tuesday, a positive development in the aftermath of a deflating year.

Rumph, who racked up eight sacks and 12.5 tackles-for-loss this season, was named to the All-ACC Second Team.

Carter was named to the All-ACC Third Team after compiling 41 tackles and eight pass breakups in his senior campaign.

Dimukeje didn’t make either of the three All-ACC teams but was named to the Honorable Mention group. The Maryland native accumulated 44 tackles and 7.5 sacks, finishing just 0.5 career sacks away from the school record. 

Max Rego

Max Rego is a Trinity junior and sports managing editor for The Chronicle's 117th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke football's Chris Rumph II, Michael Carter II and Victor Dimukeje receive All-ACC honors” on social media.