Report: Columbia transfer Patrick Tape recommits to Duke men's basketball for the 2020-21 season

<p>Mike Krzyzewski finally found another interior presence to add to the 2020-21 team.</p>

Mike Krzyzewski finally found another interior presence to add to the 2020-21 team.

After a little bit of indecision, it seems that Columbia big man Patrick Tape is coming to Duke after all.

According to 247Sports' Evan Daniels, Tape has recommitted to the Blue Devils. This news comes just three days after the 6-foot-10 center decommitted from the team.

ESPN's Jeff Borzello tweeted that Tape said he "thought [he] rushed into it at first, but [he] realized it was the best fit for [him]."

Tape initially announced his intention to finish his career with Duke March 23. As a graduate transfer, he will be immediately eligible to play in the 2020-21 season, per Jon Rothstein. Tape chose the Blue Devils over interest from Maryland and Syracuse, among others.

After a slow start to his college career, Tape broke out with the Lions during his junior campaign, averaging 11.3 points and 5.9 rebounds per contest while shooting over 66 percent from the field. The North Carolina native impressed over a three game stretch against Power 5 opponents in December, averaging over 16 points per game against Boston College, Northwestern and Rutgers.

"It was really just being close to home and having my family come see me, the excellent tradition they have there, and the opportunity to play for the best coach of all time," Tape told Borzello after his initial commitment.

With Javin DeLaurier graduating and the expected departure of Vernon Carey Jr., Duke helped alleviate its need for an interior presence with Tape's commitment. The big man will join incoming freshman Mark Williams as the only Blue Devils taller than 6-foot-10 next season. 

Share and discuss “Report: Columbia transfer Patrick Tape recommits to Duke men's basketball for the 2020-21 season” on social media.