Duke men's basketball's Joey Baker to miss Clemson contest with ankle injury

<p>Baker scored 11 points in his last outing against Wake Forest.</p>

Baker scored 11 points in his last outing against Wake Forest.

Many expected Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski to shorten his 10-man rotation as conference play began. Now it's just happening for all the wrong reasons.

The Blue Devils will continue to trek through ACC play with a second key wing dealing with injury, as sophomore Joey Baker will miss Tuesday night's contest against Clemson due to a sprained right ankle, the team announced Tuesday afternoon in a release. The ankle injury was sustained in practice, and he is considered day-to-day.

Baker joins freshman Wendell Moore, who broke a bone in his hand, as injured Blue Devils to start conference play. Moore was hurt towards the end of Duke's win over Miami and there is no time table set for his return yet.

After a peculiar end to his freshman season that saw him lose his assumed redshirt year, Baker has developed into a deadly weapon from beyond the arc. The North Carolina native is averaging 6.5 points on 43.5 percent shooting from 3-point range and has also made his first two career starts this season. Despite inconsistent shooting and only playing four minutes against Georgia Tech, Baker played a key role in the latest Blue Devil victory, notching 11 points on three made triples against Wake Forest.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball's Joey Baker to miss Clemson contest with ankle injury” on social media.