Blue Devils United endorses Trey Walk for Young Trustee

Upon meeting with all Young Trustee candidates individually, Blue Devils United is excited to endorse candidate Trey Walk for the role of Young Trustee. We believe that Trey has had a strong track record of creating positive change in the Duke community, and demonstrates an unparalleled understanding of the systemic roots of Duke’s institutional shortcomings—particularly regarding LGBTQ+ affairs. We believe that his lived experiences and knack for building relationships through listening will serve to better inform his decisions, as well as that of other members, on the board.

During Blue Devils United’s deliberations, Trey garnered the vote of all general body and exec members present. This was informed by the overwhelming sentiment that Trey’s extensive experiences in grassroots advocacy for underrepresented members of the local community will translate into a well-informed and refreshing perspective for the Duke board. We hope that Trey will persist in his efforts to use human experience, information and goal-setting to educate and steer the board towards making equitable decisions. We wish him, and all the other candidates, best of luck in the upcoming elections!

Be United,

Blue Devils United 2018-2019 Executive Board

Share and discuss “Blue Devils United endorses Trey Walk for Young Trustee” on social media.