Report: Duke basketball to host Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge

Duke will host Michigan State in next year's ACC/Big Ten Challenge, CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein reported Monday evening.

Rothstein reported all of the matchups, including other marquee battles featuring Indiana and North Carolina and Wisconsin and Syracuse. The team announced in a press release Tuesday that the game will take place Nov. 29

The Blue Devils routed the Hoosiers at home last season and beat Wisconsin on the road the year prior.

Duke's other major nonconference games next season include Kansas as part of the Champions Classic, Florida as part of the Jimmy V Classic—with Purdue and Arizona State in the other game of the event—UNLV, and Penn State as part of the Hall-of-Fame Tip-off Classic—with Cincinnati and Rhode Island in the other game of the event.

The Blue Devils will then have to navigate a challenging conference slate that includes road games against Louisville, Virginia, Syracuse and Notre Dame.

In addition to bringing back star guard Grayson Allen and veterans Matt Jones and Amile Jefferson, Duke will add its third straight top-ranked recruiting class highlighted by top-five recruits and forwards Jayson Tatum and Harry Giles, as well as five-star guard Frank Jackson and five-star center Marques Bolden.

The Spartans will look to replace National Player of the Year Denzel Valentine, guard Bryn Forbes and big man Matt Costello with a dynamic recruiting class of their own led by swingman Miles Bridges.

The contest will also pit two of the game's best coaches against one another in Michigan State's Tom Izzo and the Blue Devils' Mike Krzyzewski. Krzyzewski owns a 9-1 all-time record against Izzo.

Duke and Michigan State last met in the 2015 Final Four, with the Blue Devils pulling away for an 81-61 route on their way to their fifth national championship.

Share and discuss “Report: Duke basketball to host Michigan State in ACC/Big Ten Challenge” on social media.