Duke in the NBA: Hood shines; Rivers posts career-high

With the NBA playoffs rapidly approaching, several former Duke players are helping their teams make a final playoff push.

Jabari Parker, Milwaukee Bucks

Since returning from an ACL tear that sidelined him for the start of his sophomore season, Parker has really found his footing of late. With point guard Giannis Antetokounmpo handling the ball, Parker has developed consistency on the offensive end, scoring at least 15 points in his last three outings. Parker registered 21 points, five rebounds, four steals and three assists in a 105-94 win Wednesday against the Phoenix Suns for his best performance of the week.

Justise Winslow, Miami Heat

Winslow has settled into a meaningful role for the playoff-bound Heat, bringing energy and a strong defensive presence to the court. Winslow is still struggling with consistency on the offensive end, but has shot 50 percent from the field during his last two games and scored 13 points in a win against the lowly Brooklyn Nets.

Rodney Hood, Utah Jazz

In his second season, Hood has blossomed into a secondary scoring option for an upstart Jazz team looking to hold onto the eighth seed in the Western Conference. Hood made headlines in the Jazz’s 123-75 shellacking of the Los Angeles Lakers, as he scored 30 points and shot 8-of-9 from beyond the arc, making more 3-pointers than the Lakers in the first half. The Meridian, Miss., native also provided 20 points in an overtime loss Wednesday to the NBA-leading Golden State Warriors.

Austin Rivers, Los Angeles Clippers

Rivers got just his sixth start of the season Thursday night as the Clippers rested regular point guard Chris Paul, and he took advantage of the opportunity with a career-high 32 points on 12-of-19 shooting in a close 119-117 loss against the Oklahoma City Thunder. The point guard was key off the bench as the Clippers continue to roll without star forward Blake Griffin. Rivers led a balanced-scoring night for the Clippers in their 114-90 victory against the Boston Celtics with 16 points to highlight a four-game win streak that ended Thursday.

J.J. Redick, Los Angeles Clippers

Although the former Duke legend is still pouring in points for the Clippers, his 3-point shooting has hit a rough patch of late. Redick was just 7-of-21 from long range in three games played last week, but played through his struggles to score 17 points Wednesday against the Timberwolves. Clippers head coach Doc Rivers opted to rest Redick Thursday against the Thunder with the playoffs coming up. Redick still leads the NBA in 3-point shooting percentage despite the cold stretch, hitting 47.1 percent of his attempted shots from deep this season.

Luol Deng, Miami Heat

Even as Deng adjusts to the power forward role for the Heat with Chris Bosh still sidelined, the 11-year NBA veteran continues to do the little things for Miami. Deng has averaged seven rebounds per game in his last ten contests to increase his contributions on the glass, and he put up 22 points and grabbed 11 rebounds in a losing effort against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NBA: Hood shines; Rivers posts career-high” on social media.