Dzau to leave DUHS for Institute of Medicine

Dr. Victor Dzau, Duke University Health System president and CEO, will be leaving Duke to become the president of the Institute of Medicine.
After nearly 10 years, Dr. Victor Dzau, Duke University Health System president and CEO as well as chancellor for health affairs will be leaving to become the president of the Institute of Medicine.

The IOM provides advice to health professionals and policymakers through independent and scientifically informed analysis to deal with major health issues like obesity, vaccinations, and cancer.
According to a Duke Medicine announcement, Dzau will leave Duke on June 30 and begin working for IOM on July 1.

Dzau's contributions to DUHS include the creation of the Duke Cancer Institute, Duke Translational Medicine Institute, and the implementation of a system-wide electronic medical records system across the Duke University Health System. He has emphasized creating organizations that focus on synergies between research, education and clinical care.

Dzau noted that he is excited to work to improve "the health of the nation" at IOM, in a DUHS news release.

“The explosion of new data resources, novel technologies and breathtaking research advances make this the most promising time in history for driving innovations that will improve health care delivery, outcomes and quality," Dzau said in the news release.

Share and discuss “Dzau to leave DUHS for Institute of Medicine” on social media.