Jabari Parker earns co-MVP honors at the Jordan Brand Classic

Duke commit Jabari Parker added another accolade to his stellar prep resume on Saturday by taking home co-MVP honors of the Jordan Brand Classic game along with Kentucky commit Julius Randle.

Parker—the No. 2 overall player in the class of 2013—finished with 16 points, seven rebounds, two assists and two steals to help the West team defeat the East squad 102-98 in Brooklyn.

Blue Devil signee Matt Jones—a 6-foot-5 shooting guard—had a good night too, netting 14 points on just five attempts from the field for the West team.

Here are some highlights from the contest:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG4IBTFDRxo&feature=youtu.be&a

At the event, Parker talked about how much he values the education that Duke offers and the possibility of staying in school for more than one year.

Here is an interview with Parker in which he talks at length about Duke:

Youtube Player

Parker will participate in the Nike Hoop Summit Saturday in Portland, Ore.

Turning the attention to the recruiting class of 2014, the Blue Devil coaching staff has been extremely busy traveling across the country visiting prospects before the AAU season kicks into high gear.

Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski was in Minnesota last week to conduct an in-home visit with star point guard Tyus Jones, who is the No. 1 floor general in the class.

Luring Jones to Durham is key because he and his close friend Jahlil Okafor—the No. 1 overall player in the class of 2014, per ESPN—plan on attending the same school. Additionally, Duke will need a point guard after Quinn Cook graduates in 2015. Jones will be a freshman during Cook's senior campaign.

The general sentiment is that Krzyzewski is in a very strong position with both Jones and Okafor. And it looks like Michigan State, Ohio State and Kentucky will be the primary competition in the Jones-Okafor sweepstakes.

The two are expected to announce their decisions this fall.

Elite 2014 wing Justise Winslow—who was in Durham on an unofficial visit for the Miami game—has expressed interest in playing with Jones and Okafor at the next level. Krzyzewski visited the 6-foot-5 Houston, Tex. product last week.

The Blue Devil coaching staff will have in-home visits with 2014 standouts Okafor, Kevin Looney, Trey Lyles, Devin Booker, and Grayson Allen over the next couple weeks. All of those players hold a scholarship offer from Duke except Allen, who is expected to receive one eventually.

Southern California native Stanley Johnson—a 6-foot-6 wing, who is the No. 15 player in the 2014 class by ESPN—announced his list of prospective schools on twitter last week, which includes Duke.

Johnson does not hold a scholarship offer from Duke, and most fans were a bit surprised to see the Blue Devils make the cut despite what seems to be mild interest at the moment.

Share and discuss “Jabari Parker earns co-MVP honors at the Jordan Brand Classic” on social media.