Fedja Pavlovic denies allegations of rape

These anonymously posted flyers, such as this one found in Few Quadrangle, accused DSG candidate Fedja Pavlovic of sexual assault.

This story was updated at 3:56 p.m. April 5.

Fedja Pavlovic, a sophomore running for Duke Student Government vice president for residential life, has denied allegations of sexually assaulting another student.

Early Friday morning, flyers were posted around campus that read “RAPIST... Fall semester, Fedja Pavlovic was suspended from campus for sexually assaulting a fellow student. Don’t let a rapist represent you.” Some of Pavlovic’s official campaign posters were vandalized with the word “rapist” written across his face.

Pavlovic said the information from the accusing flyers is all completely false, calling the act slanderous and libelous.

“Every bit of the the flyer—including the ink on them—is a piece of s—t,” Pavlovic said. “Everything on this flyer is bulls—t.”

Pavlovic added that the flyers detract from the major issues in the race, which include making DSG more relevant to the student body and improving the house model for students.

As of Friday afternoon, it is unknown who is responsible for posting the flyers.

In Chronicle content from both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 academic year, Pavlovic is identified as a sophomore, but he declined to comment on time he may have spent away from campus.

Pavlovic previously served as DSG senator of residence life and dining.

Vice President for Student Affairs Larry Moneta said he had no comment on the matter, but noted that when a student returns from campus following a sexual assault related suspension, any further sanctions are handled "case by case depending on the original sanction."

Dean of Students Sue Wasiolek also declined to comment, noting that the University does not respond to inquiries regarding a specific student's disciplinary record.

Share and discuss “Fedja Pavlovic denies allegations of rape” on social media.