Duke basketball vs. Virginia live updates

Virginia 73, Duke 68 (final): After getting back within 11, Duke did not get a field goal for the next two minutes. Cook cut the lead down to five, and although Harris fouled out at the 40 second mark, it was a little too late for the Blue Devils.

Virginia 64, Duke 53 (3:10 second half): Duke's started hitting a few shots, and Mason Plumlee's a perfect 6-6 from the line, but Harris helped the Cavaliers keep a double-digit lead and now has 32 points in the game. The junior guard only took a short break, and helped open up the Blue Devil defense the second he stepped back on the floor. Curry is doing everything he can to keep pace and has 24 points, but Duke needs some stops to give Duke a chance.

Virginia 49, Duke 37 (7:59  second half): Virginia's misses have been ugly, but Duke went over six minutes without a field goal, and to add to the shooting woes, the Blue Devils are struggling to take care of the ball. The Cavaliers are getting good shots nearly every time down the court and could have pulled ahead by even more. Thornton fouled out by the 8:15 mark, and Sulaimon got his fourth 70 feet from the basket at the 7:59 mark.

Virginia 42, Duke 31 (11:21 second half): The Cavaliers are playing with much more energy at this point. Cook, Curry, and Sulaimon are all coming up short on their outside shot attempts while Virginia continues to attack the paint with ease. Still, they only trail by 11.

Virginia 40, Duke 31 (13:52 second half): Duke's losing its composure on the road. With Sulaimon picking up a technical and six team fouls already, the Blue Devils have just been giving Virginia free points. Seth silenced the crowd a little with his third consecutive three, but the Cavaliers are rolling again.

Virginia 28, Duke 23 (halftime): The Blue Devils still haven't slowed down Harris, and their shooting woes have continued. Plumlee squandered Duke's first chance to retake the lead with a turnover, giving some life back to the crowd here in Charlottesville. The Blue Devils went 1-5 from the floor after that and could not get a good look for the final shot here on the road.

Virginia 22, Duke 21 (3:44 first half): Although he missed a long, fadeaway three to avoid a shot clock violation, Cook has continued to keep the Blue Devils in the game on offense, bringing the game within four off of a floater. Curry, upon reentering the contest, knocked down his first three of the night to cut the lead to one, the closest Duke has been since tipoff.

Generic Script

Virginia 20, Duke 16 (6:50 first half): Out of the media timeout, Sulaimon looked like he was going to get the offense going with a quick bucket, but he fouled that up with a foul on one end and a turnover on the other. Cook, however, has hit his first two shots of the game —both threes—to keep Duke close. Curry and Mason both finally got on the board, with each hitting two of three free throws. On defense, the Blue Devils haven't been able to stop Joe Harris from getting to the rim. He leads the Cavaliers with 9 points.

Virginia 15, Duke 4 (11:27 first half): Duke's shooting hasn't improved much, now at 2-11. Curry's 0-3 to start the game and has been off the mark by a lot on two of those attempts. On the other end, the defense has finally started to slow the Cavaliers down a little, but just barely.

Virginia 9, Duke 2 (14:56 first half): Shooting 1-7 to start the game, the Blue Devils have fallen behind early. Sulaimon has their only points and he is just 1-3 so far.

Share and discuss “Duke basketball vs. Virginia live updates” on social media.