Your pocket guide to Florida State-Duke

The Florida State Seminoles will look to pull off their second big upset in the span of a week as they travel to Cameron Indoor Stadium to take on No. 4 Duke. The Seminoles (12-6, 3-1 in the ACC) upset then-No. 3 North Carolina at home last week and have since beaten Maryland, while the Blue Devils (16-2, 4-0) most recently defeated Wake Forest on Thursday 91-73.

Projected Starters

Florida State: G Michael Snaer, G Deividas Dulkys, G Luke Loucks, F Bernard James, C Xavier Gibson

Duke: G Quinn Cook, G Andre Dawkins, G Seth Curry, F Mason Plumlee, F Miles Plumlee

1. Can Dawkins make it three in a row?

Originally a part of Duke's starting rotation to begin the year, Dawkins fell off the map at points but has exploded in Duke's last two games. He registered 24 and 21 points against Clemson and Wake Forest, respectively, making 12-of-21 (57%) 3-pointers in those two games. He has also shown the potential to be a better defender as of late, earning more minutes after a stellar defensive effort against Virginia that Blue Devil head coach Mike Krzyzewski was quick to praise after the game. He should get the starting nod again today, and although he cannot expect to keep up his ridiculous pace from beyond the arc, he could still be a big factor in Duke's offense.

2. Size vs. Size

The Seminoles excel in the paint, averaging 36.9 rebounds per game, 15th best in the nation. Duke averages just 35.7 boards per game, 131st best in the country. Physical rebounding was the key to Florida State's dismantling of the Tar Heels, taking in 43 missed shots compared to just 35 for North Carolina. They were able to do that because they are one of the few teams in the country that can physically match up with the size of interior players such as the Tar Heels' John Henson and Tyler Zeller. Gibson and James stand at 6-foot-11 and 6-foot-10, respectively. That duo will have their hands full against Mason and Miles Plumlee, who each stand near 7-foot tall. With those pairs, in addition to Ryan Kelly for Duke squaring off in the paint, the game's pace will be dictated by who wins the individual battles on the boards.

3. The unsettled guard rotation

For the first time in his collegiate career, Austin Rivers began the game on the sidelines in Duke's win over Wake Forest. But, the freshman responded well with a 20-point performance in which he played 32 minutes, the most of anybody on the team. Quinn Cook, on the other hand, started but played just 14 minutes. Between Cook, Rivers, Dawkins, Curry, Thornton and even swing-man Michael Gbinije, Duke has depth at guard. The rotation, so far, has yet to completely settle itself out and who receives significant minutes today in a tough home game should be monitored.

Share and discuss “Your pocket guide to Florida State-Duke” on social media.