Wojo, Collins Join The Twitterati

Mike Krzyzewski, despite an imposter account, hasn't made it onto Twitter yet, but his associate head coaches are picking up the slack.

Steve Wojciechowski (@steve_wojo) and Chris Collins (@coach_collins) are two of the latest coaches to join this fad craze, and they're far from the only tweeting coaches on campus. David Cutcliffe (@davidcutcliffe) has been texting tweets since February, and some sports information directors are starting Twitter accounts to market the lesser-known teams.

But until this week, the most-recognizable program on campus was nowhere to be found on Twitter. Duke Blue Planet (@dukeblueplanet) filled a certain niche, but with more and more coaches nationwide showing how hip and tech-savvy they are, it was only a matter of time before Duke's coaches caught up.

Most of Wojo and Collins' tweets have been congratulatory or promotional--not necessarily the best use of Twitter--and Wojo isn't even following Collins yet. Both are following J.J. Redick (@jjredick), and Collins follows Jon Scheyer (@jonscheyer). Can't wait for halftime tweets from all.

Unfortunately, neither Wojo nor Collins follows The Chronicle yet, but that shouldn't stop you! Check out @chroniclesports and @dukechronicle. We'll be racing the coaches to a million followers before you know it.

Share and discuss “Wojo, Collins Join The Twitterati” on social media.