Fuqua ranked 28th in world

The Fuqua School of Business was ranked 28th in the list of the world's top master of business administration programs for 2008, falling five spots from last year's spot at 23rd, according to a report released online by the Financial Times Tuesday.

Fuqua was also ranked 14th in the newspaper's list of top MBA programs in the United States. The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania topped the list at No. 1 for both the global and U.S. rankings.

In all, 156 schools met the criteria for participation and were considered for the list.

The British finance newspaper said information for the rankings was collected from two different sets of questionnaires that were sent to alumni and business schools. The paper sent online questionnaires to 23,657 members of the graduating class of 2004 from the 156 schools in consideration and received feedback from 48 percent.

The criteria used for ranking the schools were divided into three categories: alumni salaries and career development, diversity and international reach of the school and research capability of the school.

Fuqua also received distinction for its marketing program and general management programs, which were ranked third and seventh in the world respectively.

Share and discuss “Fuqua ranked 28th in world” on social media.