OVERTIME: Duke-Pitt Live Blog

FINAL Pitt 65, Duke 64. Fields made a step-back 3-pointer over McClure with less than 5 seconds remaining. Scheyer raced up the floor and missed a 3, then got his own tip but missed that too. The Garden explodes as the last shot falls and Pitt wins. What a game.

---

16.0, Duke 64 Pitt 62: Scheyer loses the ball as he is driving, but Fields turns the ball over again, this time with an offensive foul. On the inbounds, Scheyer was trapped in the corner and threw a cross-court pass up to Henderson, who out-jumped his defender and kicked to Singler, who was fouled. The freshman missed the first and made the second. Pitt called a timeout, and the Panthers have the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead. Expect them to take a quick shot.

---

56.3, Duke 63 Pitt 62: Wow. Duke has the ball with 56.3 seconds left and 16 seconds on the shot clock with the chance to take a two-possession lead. This comes after the play of the year, a Nelson and-1 where he drove, was fouled, hung, went up-and-under the basket and finished by putting enough backspin on the ball. Just a remarkable play from Duke's captain, and he topped it off by making the free throw. Duke got a stop on the defensive end when Fields was whistled for a travel after another Pitt offensive rebound. Blair is out (he had 20 rebounds). The new play of the year may still be coming.

---

4:28, Duke 59 Pitt 58: Duke wins the opening tip and Nelson promptly is fouled on a drive. He makes one of two. On Pitt's ensuing possession, Cook drove past Scheyer but, going up for the shot, his leg gave out and he traveled. Cook was on the floor for a few minutes before limping off to an ovation.

---

OVERTIME, Duke 58 Pitt 58: Scheyer got the inbound pass, and quickly found Henderson, who unexpectedly sliced into the lane with about six seconds remaining and babied his short jumper for the win. Singler was there for the putback, which fell just wide off the backboard. We're headed to overtime--a fitting way to continue this classic. As Dick Vitale, who can't be here tonight because of throat surgery, would say, we have no place to go, not yet.

Share and discuss “OVERTIME: Duke-Pitt Live Blog” on social media.