Hausfeld takes home honor

Duke junior Ali Hausfeld was named ACC Volleyball Player of the Week after leading the Blue Devils to victories over two conference opponents this weekend.

In Friday's 3-0 sweep of Clemson, Hausfeld netted eight digs, three blocks and one service ace in addition to four kills and no attack errors. Her match-high 38 assists passed Susan Wilson for third place on Duke's all-time list, with 3,449. Saturday, Hausfeld added another 54 assists, along with 10 digs, eight kills, three blocks and two service aces, in a 3-1 win over Georgia Tech.

This is Hausfeld's second career Player of the Week award, also winning in October of 2005.

Three ACC teams ranked

With Boston College's loss to NC State dropping the Eagles out of the Associated Press Top 25, the ACC is now represented by Virginia Tech, Clemson and Florida State in the national rankings.

Boston College's fall from the top 25 in Week 5 follows Miami's in Week 4 and furthers a trend of the ACC's devolving presence in national polls. Undefeated and unranked Wake Forest received 12 votes in the recent poll while Clemson toggled positions with traditional powerhouse Florida State. Virginia Tech is ranked 11th, Clemson 18th and Florida State 19th in the latest poll.

Share and discuss “Hausfeld takes home honor” on social media.