Wristband policy for basketball game

Tonight, Monday, Nov. 29 at midnight, wristbands will be distributed for Tuesday’s Michigan State basketball game. Students may line up for the wristbands at any time Monday outside of Card Gym. Each student will represent him or herself in line; there will be no group registration. Line monitors will distribute wristbands from midnight until 2 a.m., and then again from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, or until 1,200 wristbands have been given out. There will be six colors of wristbands, in groups of 50, 50, 100, 200, 400 and 400. Once you have received a wristband, you are guaranteed a place in line provided you return no later than two hours before tip-off.

Please remember that the number on your wristband means nothing; it is the color of your wristband that matters. When you return to the line Tuesday afternoon, you should rejoin the line at the back of your color block. All students with wristbands must be in line no later than two hours prior to game time. If you do not get a wristband, you are encouraged to form a secondary line beginning at the plaza in front of Cameron and heading straight back toward Towerview. Please remember that you can almost always walk straight into the game 20 minutes prior to tip-off. I promise we will have the seat-counter functioning for this game, so late-comers should keep an eye on the K-ville website for updates on the number of wristbands given out, and the number of seats remaining as the game approaches Tuesday night. The doors to Cameron will open approximately 90 minutes prior to tip-off.

This is the marquee game of the fall semester, so don’t miss it! We need a packed and boisterous Cameron Indoor Stadium to greet Tom Izzo and the 9th-ranked Spartans, so gather your friends and neighbors and come out to support the team!

Go Duke!

Steve Rawson

Head Line Monitor

Share and discuss “Wristband policy for basketball game” on social media.