Letter to the Editor: Line monitor announces policy for UNC

The last home game of the season is against the University of North Carolina Saturday, March 6 at 9 p.m. This is a tenting game, and tenters will receive priority for the game. There are currently around 57 tents lined up for Saturday's game, and there is still time to get into the tenting line. We will be accepting new tent registrations at all tent checks until Thursday at 3 p.m. Personal checks will take place Thursday night from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. and Friday night from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Each tenter must make three out of five personal checks called during these times to earn a wristband into the game. Personal checks also count as tent checks, so at least two people must make each of the five checks called during those times.

There is still room for many people to be let in from the walk-up line. The line should form with students exiting the line only to attend class, get food and tend to human needs. Friday afternoon, the line monitors will arrive to register the people in the line. Each individual in the line may register along with one friend, forming a two-person group. Only one person from the group needs to be present at registration. Line monitors will return to the line at random, unannounced times to perform checks of the line. Each group must have at least one (1) of its two (2) members present at all times. At each check, new groups will be registered at the end of the list in the order they are in the line. Any group missing a check will be moved to the end of the line. There is NO guaranteed grace period following checks of the walk-up line.

At the final check five hours before tip-off, bracelets will be distributed to groups that have made their checks. A bracelet does NOT guarantee admission to Cameron.

More details about the walk-up line can be found online at http://dsg.duke.edu/kv.html. Also, please check the K-Ville website for more information on events this week.

Donald Wine

Head line monitor

Share and discuss “Letter to the Editor: Line monitor announces policy for UNC” on social media.