Letters to the Editor: Class of 2004 picture today near Chapel

Seniors--remember our first Friday at Duke University?

The now dreaded PLAYFAIR seemed harmless. My roommate and I followed the crowd and joined the rest of Alspaugh on the quad.

Had I not quickly been traumatized and met Mark Pike, I would have marched back to my fan-filled sauna I called home. Instead, I found myself in a long line, stopping only when I was stationed in the upper right corner of the tail of an enormous number two. Holding onto some gadget that hung around my neck, I looked up toward the roof of the Marketplace, that miraculous haven for Golden Grahams, weekend memory-triggering music and my all too frequently empty mailbox.

The 2004 photo reminds me of how quickly the last four years have passed, how much I have grown, reverted and grown again, that I made the right choice in choosing a school that is a true university community, and that our class will live in our own sort of infamy.

This Friday, we can do it again, and this time well have the freedom to do it our way!

At 3:00 p.m. today, we have the opportunity to use the scaffolding set in front of the Chapel to take a giant senior class picture. Please Come.

Let the Chick-Fil-A coupon, the opportunity to send a picture home, the time to see a ton of seniors, the ever exciting excuse to dress in costume, or my plead that we use this semester to show some senior love be your motivation.

My smile this afternoon will be more assured, a little wiser, backed by the memories of wicked crazy times and spurred by reflection, not by nervous anticipation. How about yours? I wont show up this afternoon simply to follow the crowd as I did on our first Friday at Duke, but I will show up today, and I hope that you will too!

Devon MacWilliam

Trinity '04

Share and discuss “Letters to the Editor: Class of 2004 picture today near Chapel” on social media.