Open Letter from DSG

As your new Duke Student Government executive members, we want to welcome everyone back for a great year. Last Spring, we promised to include as many voices as possible in decisions made on this campus. There is no better way to ensure that your voice is heard than to run for a position as a DSG Senator. There are many opportunities to improve your college experience and we encourage you to help find innovative solutions to the problems faced by Duke students.

Every year, numerous students join the Senate, Duke University Student Dining Advisory Committee and many other committees. We welcome everyone to stop by the DSG office in the Bryan Center to pick up an information packet about opportunities to make changes at Duke. We hope you take this chance to represent your East, West, Central, or Off-Campus community by running for the Senate or exploring appointed at-large positions.

We encourage all of you to help improve Duke. Bring your enthusiasm and communicate new issues and ideas to DSG. If you have questions about how to get involved, email DSG Attorney General, Dave Kahne at david.kahne@duke.edu. Even if you do not choose to join DSG, please vote in the election Tuesday, September 9th.

Finally, we invite everyone to stop by the main quad on Tuesday, September 2nd, to enjoy some free ice cream and talk with DSG executive members. We look forward to meeting each of you in the next few weeks.

Matthew Slovik
President

Clifford Davison
Executive VP

Avery Reaves
Academic Affairs VP

Andrew Wisnewski
Community Interaction VP

Alex Niejelow
Facilities and Athletics VP

Elizabeth Dixon
Student Affairs VP

Share and discuss “Open Letter from DSG” on social media.