Vision: Do We Really Need To See This?

As if Parizade on points wasn't enough - now that we've got the first season of MTV's Fraternity Life, there may be no reason for a Dukie to leave her room again. Why bother pulling on the bitch pants or finding that scruffy sweatshirt from American Eagle when you can have the noise, boys and totally regrettable drunken moments of a frat party broadcast into your dorm room?

While sifting through a plate of penne pesto, you can follow the daily sagas of Sigma Chi Omega, a local chapter that will definitely lose their charter, or at least their last shreds of dignity, once this series airs. Among the few, the proud, the Sigma Chi Omegas are Alex, a soon-to-be pledge so totally whipped by his girlfriend that he gave up the keg scene freshman year, and his twin brother Adam, who's already a frat brother. In a move that seems like a rejected Friends episode, fuzzy pledge Grant starts dating insecure brother Adam's ex-girlfriend. Jealousy, camera confessions and massive gobs of hair gel ensue.

Women's studies majors take note: The first season of Fraternity Life is proving once and for all that guys are just as petty, spoiled, selfish and completely incapable of interacting with each other as the second sex. Most of the first episode followed Grant and his green-faced hate club around school, spliced with multiple shots of the boys bickering like kids in the back of the bus.

But the real question here is, "Should we watch Fraternity Life?" If you love reality TV, if you're too lazy to leave your hall or if every bone in your body is broken and you can't change the channel from your hospital bed, then sure. It's funny, and stupid, and totally addictive. For real fraternity life, find your favorite flip flops and get over to section - why play a frat boy or a party girl on TV when you can be one in real life?

• Faran Krentcil

Share and discuss “Vision: Do We Really Need To See This?” on social media.