SANDBOX: Become Every Woman's One Night Stand

John Fate and Steve Reil are just two normal guys - who get laid a lot." If this opening line of the self-help book Make Every Girl Want You: How To Have Sex with Hot Girls (without even dating them!) doesn't grab you, surely the cover photo of an attractive female dropping her lacy thong will spin your head for a second look. Fate and Reil, self-proclaimed "pathetic losers" in their college days, have since transformed themselves into masters of their sexual domains. Fate, 26, caught up with Recess' Kim Roller to discuss tricks of the dating game, making moves and morning-after awkwardness. By the end of the interview, he didn't woo her to bed, but here's hoping boys are taking notes anyhow.

Recess: How would you respond to critics who say your book gives guys a sorry excuse to justify just getting laid?

John Fate: We used to think that's all [the book] was for. But now we're seeing that most men are actually interested more in dating than we give them credit for. Trust me-this news was shocking to us as well.

You said you've read other self-help books but they proved ineffective. Why do you think your work has potential?

Other books take the brute-force attack - as in, the more girls you talk to, the greater chance you have of getting one. That's a pretty depressing way to date. Women just don't like being harassed by men begging to get some. It's better to play it cool.

The acronym "CCR" - compliments, compassion, reassurance - is reiterated throughout the book as the surefire method to get a girl. What acronym would you use to provide advice to a female?

Any woman can get a guy by dressing nicely and looking good, but the key thing women can do to keep men interested is to always keep a hint of jealousy in the relationship. We're competitive people. Knowing that other guys like our woman make us more attracted to the one we're with. I know, it's sort of sick.

In your opinion, do men take advantage of womens' vulnerabilities as much as men take advantage of theirs?

Yes, absolutely. It seems like common knowledge that men take advantage of women for sex. They'll lie to women to get them to sleep with them. But women definitely will take advantage of any guy who is a good listener and lets them talk.

With all this talk about casual sex, I assume you and your co-author Steve are single and loving it?

We're actually both exclusively dating girls right now. These are two different worlds. I miss the flirting I write about in the book, but I really like the person I am dating.

Duke students complain that people don't date anymore. Any advice on how to get a student body not only mating but dating?

I went to UVA, and it was the same way. In college, false pretenses and notions get some guys laid; it's hard to have normal dating outside keg parties. After college, you actually have to meet women and ask them out. That is when the fun begins.

-Kim Roller

Share and discuss “SANDBOX: Become Every Woman's One Night Stand” on social media.