Careful what you wish for: Arts

Finding a gift for an artistically-minded friend, lover or family member could be difficult in Durham. Luckily, the Museum of Modern Art has an online store. For great gifts that say class but are still under $100, the MoMA is the place to find shop.

For women, you can't go wrong with jewelry. The Illusion Necklaces designed by Kasia Gasparski range from $55 to $95 depending on their length. My personal favorite is a necklace featuring handblown glass balls, "giving a contemporary edge to this timeless art form." You can also find rings, pins and bracelets on the site.

For men, you can find a stylish business card case ($25) that would be perfect for a winter graduate. A flask with a modern twist, circular wine rack or funky cufflinks are also among the options.

But, if you're looking for a more generic, genderless gift, take a look at MoMA's chess sets. The brightly colored Rashid Chess Set is $50 while the Bauhaus Chess Set priced at $350 is for those with deeper pockets. Despite the price difference, both are quite amazing. The Keith Haring Dominoes are also a good choice at $45 and bring a taste of the artist into the home.

Whatever you decide on, the MoMA is the perfect place for gifts this season. Just click on gift ideas and you can't go wrong. You can even finish off the perfect MoMA gift in any one of the many MoMA wrapping papers for just $8.95 a roll. Shopping made easy.

Share and discuss “Careful what you wish for: Arts” on social media.