Duke fans around the world may not have to wait as long as originally thought for an opportunity to watch the nation's top-three recruits take the court.

According to a May 1 tweet from Peter Yannapoulos, an NBA analyst from Montréal's Réseau des sports, the Blue Devils will be making a foreign tour up north to Canada this summer, providing a homecoming for R.J. Barrett, a native of Missisauga, Ontario. McGill University Sports Information Officer Earl Zukerman confirmed the schools are discussing a potential meeting in an email later in the day, and Duke team spokesman Mike DeGeorge confirmed the schedule for the trip Wednesday afternoon.

Duke will face Ryerson University Aug. 15 at 7 p.m. and the University of Toronto Aug. 17 at 6 p.m. at the Hershey Centre in Barrett's hometown of Mississauga, and the Blue Devils will travel to Laval, Quebec—a Montreal suburb—to play McGill Aug. 19 at 3 p.m. at Place Bell, which seats 10,000. The schedule was first reported by Ryerson play-by-play announcer Jordan Henry and confirmed by Duke Wednesday.

McGill has faced numerous NCAA schools over the last few years, including SMU last August and Wichita State in 2016. McGill lost both of those games by a slim margin, falling 86-83 in overtime to the Mustangs and 77-71 to the Shockers. This matchup could provide an interesting challenge for a young Duke team after the Blue Devils lost their entire starting lineup and 86 percent of last year's scoring to the NBA Draft.

This summer's foreign tour could be important for a Duke team entering the season without a clear leader, and the extra practice and bonding could be quintessential to the team's development. 

The Blue Devils' last foreign tour came in the summer of 2011, when they took a trip to China and Dubai. Duke had a trip to the Dominican Republic planned for last summer, but it was canceled due to head coach Mike Krzyzewski's need for knee replacement surgery. NCAA teams are eligible for a foreign tour once every four years.

This story was updated May 23rd at 5:30 p.m. to include Duke's confirmation of the schedule.