Zev van Zanten

Campus Arts Editor

Zev van Zanten is a Trinity sophomore and campus arts editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Articles

RECESS  |  LOCAL

Documentary screening recounts 2015 Chapel Hill shooting of Muslim students, presents evidence for hate crime charges

“36 Seconds: Portrait of a Hate Crime,” a new documentary recounting the aftermath of the murders of three Muslim Americans in Chapel Hill, detailed the Muslim community's fight for its classification as a hate crime. The screening at Carolina Theater was followed by a panel of legal experts that discussed the shooter’s prosecution. 

derris-recess-staff-note-sarah
RECESS  |  STAFF NOTE

I kind of like Taylor Swift now

My newfound love for Taylor Swift, while admittedly both unexpected and trivial in the grand scheme of things, has a valuable insight/lesson to give us: don’t be afraid to try new things even if your mind/feelings try to hold you back.

e6e9a39a-fdbd-4678-87ad-4852f57a3fdc.sized-1000x1000.jpg
RECESS  |  CAMPUS

Six ALP classes to help fill your fall 2023 schedule

If you’re like most Duke students, you're either a Trinity student trying to meet those T-Reqs or a Pratt kid looking for a fun way to fill one of the few free spots in your schedule. Or maybe you’re panicked about your current workload and looking for a way to mellow your coursework. Regardless of why you’re reading, here are six carefully curated ALP classes that will provide an enjoyable and interesting learning experience.

IMG_81DD6215F6E6-1.jpeg
RECESS  |  CAMPUS

Duke Chorale: Family or club?

Duke Chorale is a university-run choir led by professional directors. Ever since its genesis in 1970, the organization has established itself as a respected, talented and welcoming group within Duke's bustling music scene.

More Articles