Mahika Jammula selected as DUU president, Michelle Igbinadolor to be EVP

Junior Mahika Jammula will be Duke University Union's president and junior Michelle Igbinadolor will be DUU executive vice president for the 2024-25 academic year.

Junior Mahika Jammula will be next year’s Duke University Union president and junior Michelle Igbinadolor will be DUU executive vice president. Their terms will begin April 24, the last day of classes for the spring semester. 

DUU is the largest programming and media body at Duke, made up of 17 committees, such as the Last Day of Classes (LDOC) and campus concerts committees. WXDU, Small Town Records and the Coffeehouse are also included among DUU’s committees.

Both students were selected through an internal DUU application process. All applications were overseen by current President Jess Chen and Executive Vice President Arianna Dwomoh, both seniors. Final-round applicants then gave presentations in front of the current DUU Executive Board, who held an open forum discussion and cast votes for the two positions on Tuesday night. 

Jammula currently serves as the chair of daytime programming and as a member of the LDOC committee. The former chair of the DUU campus concerts committee, Jammula hopes to improve DUU members’ experiences, foster connections with on-campus identity groups and focus on “quality over quantity programming and intentionality.”

“I know that DUU will be in good hands with [Jammula’s] ability to develop genuine connections with those around her and her influential leadership style. I am extremely excited to see the path she takes DUU on next year,” said sophomore Aryan Nair, DUU LDOC committee co-chair. 

As DUU’s vice president for media, Igbinadolor manages the Duke Student Broadcasting, Freewater Productions, Small Town Records and WXDU committees. Igbinadolor, who also serves as the chair for the vice-presidential commission for strategic operations, hopes to cultivate an internal sense of community within DUU and strengthen the bonds between DUU and its external communities.

“After working with [Igbinadolor] for two years, I am confident that she will continue to do an amazing job leading DUU. Her passion for DUU combined with her contagious energy and compassionate leadership will keep DUU moving in the right direction,” said senior George Grune,  DUU Duke Student Broadcasting committee chair.

Audrey Wang profile
Audrey Wang | Data Editor

Audrey Wang is a Trinity junior and data editor of The Chronicle's 120th volume. She was previously editor-in-chief for Volume 119.

Share and discuss “Mahika Jammula selected as DUU president, Michelle Igbinadolor to be EVP” on social media.