Duke football's Ja'Mion Franklin declares for the 2024 NFL Draft

Graduate defensive tackle Ja'Mion Franklin pressures Virginia quarterback Anthony Colandrea.

After six years in college football, Ja’Mion Franklin is moving on to the NFL. 

The graduate defensive tackle announced his declaration for the 2024 NFL Draft Friday evening on X. 

Franklin came to Durham after three years at Notre Dame and instantly became a major contributor for the Blue Devil defense, racking up 54 career tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and four sacks.

Franklin was also named a team captain in 2023 alongside fellow defensive tackle DeWayne Carter, establishing himself as one of the veteran leaders on the team under former head coach Mike Elko. The graduate student also was a great representative for Duke off the field, as he was the recipient of the team’s Ace Parker Award in 2022, given to a player who overcame major adversity to contribute to the Blue Devils. The Ridgely, Md., native was also named to the Allstate AFCA Good Works Team and Wuerffel Trophy watch list this year for his community work during his career and is a finalist for the Pop Warner National College Football Award, given to a senior who leads on the field, in the classroom and in the community.

Duke fans will have one more chance to see Franklin suit up for their team, as he announced that he plans to play in the team’s upcoming bowl game. 

Share and discuss “Duke football's Ja'Mion Franklin declares for the 2024 NFL Draft” on social media.