Duke Student Government releases statement on ongoing Israel-Hamas war

<p>Duke Student Government at their Sept. 6 meeting.</p>

Duke Student Government at their Sept. 6 meeting.

Duke Student Government released a statement Friday addressing the violence in Israel and Palestine as part of the ongoing Israel-Hamas war.

In an email to Duke community members, the DSG Executive Board showed support for those grieving and attached a list of mental and emotional health resources.

“Our hearts go out to members of the Duke community grieving the horrific acts of violence in Israel and Palestine,” the email read. “No words can alleviate the devastation, pain and anxiety experienced by those personally impacted by these violent acts.”

The board also wrote that knowing someone impacted “amidst acts of hatred globally can also be challenging,” and called on community members to “continue supporting each other in our shared humanity.”

“Duke Student Government stands unwavering in our commitment to advocate for and support the well-being of all students," the email read. “As we hope for peace and safety in Israel and Palestine, and across the world, we encourage all members of the Duke community to seek support in ways that are healing and grounding for them.”

The email included a list of resources “available to all students seeking mental and emotional support for any reason,” including links to Short Term Incapacitation Forms, Counseling and Psychological Services, DukeLine, DukeReach, DuWell and TimelyCare.

Jazper Lu profile
Jazper Lu | Managing Editor

Jazper Lu is a Trinity junior and managing editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke Student Government releases statement on ongoing Israel-Hamas war” on social media.