Duke in the NFL: Crowder, Bobo have standout performances, Gray makes late push in Chiefs' loss

Jamison Crowder caught seven passes for 95 yards and a touchdown in the Commanders' loss to the Eagles Sunday.

As Duke football progresses in its season, several former Blue Devils made noticeable impacts on their teams in the NFL during Week 8. The Blue Zone breaks down the performances of some notable alumni:

Jamison Crowder, WR/PR, Washington Commanders

Despite losing to the rival Eagles, Jamison Crowder had his best performance in years Sunday. The former Blue Devil caught seven passes for 95 yards and a touchdown, with the yardage total being his highest since October 2020. His score did come late when the game was effectively decided, but it was still an impressive catch and strong throw from Washington signal-caller Sam Howell. In addition, Crowder fielded one punt return for 11 yards. The veteran special teamer has shown that, even at 30 years old, he still has potential as an every-down receiver. At 3-5, the Commanders will attempt to right the ship with a contest against the 2-6 Patriots Sunday.

Jake Bobo, WR, Seattle Seahawks

Jake Bobo continues to make an impact as a 25-year-old rookie. In Sunday’s victory against the Browns, the former Duke wideout scored a three-yard touchdown on an end-around hand-off, marking his second score in as many games. Additionally, Bobo caught both of his targets for 23 yards. With star Seattle receiver D.K. Metcalf back for the contest, it wasn’t a surprise that Bobo received reduced snap and target shares. If nothing else, this contest shows that the Seahawks have a role for him, and the former Blue Devil ranks fourth on Seattle’s receiving board. Next, the 5-2 Seahawks face a tough matchup against the 6-2 Ravens Sunday.

Daniel Jones, QB, New York Giants

The New York Giants didn’t play Daniel Jones Sunday against the New York Jets after he sustained a neck injury in a contest with the Dolphins Oct. 8. In his place, the Giants’ quarterback room etched its name into the history books, but not in a good way. Tyrod Taylor and Tommy DeVito combined to net -9 passing yards, the lowest total in franchise history since passing statistics began in 1933. It is thanks to the Giants’ defense and the Jets’ offensive struggles that the team in blue almost eked out a victory. However, in a game that saw more punts than points, the Jets earned a 13-10 overtime victory.

Jones was cleared to return Monday morning and is expected to suit up against the Las Vegas Raiders Sunday, which is good news for Giants fans. At 2-6, Jones and his team will attempt to salvage hope of contention for this season.

Noah Gray, TE, Kansas City Chiefs

For the Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday’s contest was a comedy of errors, which saw five turnovers that resulted in their first loss to the Denver Broncos in eight seasons. For his part, Gray showed up late, catching 2-of-3 fourth-quarter targets for 25 yards while starting the contest and playing 48% of offensive snaps. Still, his late efforts weren’t enough in one of the most surprising losses for Kansas City in years. Next up, the 6-2 Chiefs will take on the similarly 6-2 Dolphins next Sunday in Frankfurt, Germany. 

Victor Dimukeje, OLB, Arizona Cardinals

With a new head coach, an injured star quarterback and several pieces lost in the offseason, the Arizona Cardinals were in for an uphill battle during the 2023 season. Even then, it appears that Victor Dimukeje may be an important piece for Arizona going forward. In Sunday’s loss against the Ravens, the former Blue Devil registered a half sack and three combined tackles. As arguably the Cardinals’ best pass rusher, Dimukeje co-leads the team with 4.0 sacks on the season despite not recording a single sack in the previous two seasons. The Baltimore native will look to continue his impact with a matchup Sunday against the Browns.

Share and discuss “Duke in the NFL: Crowder, Bobo have standout performances, Gray makes late push in Chiefs' loss” on social media.