Duke women's tennis star Chloe Beck to pursue professional career, will not return to Durham

Chloe Beck concluded her four years in Durham as one of the program's best players in recent memory.

Star Duke women’s tennis player Chloe Beck will not return to the team for her fifth year of eligibility, she announced on the podcast No-Ad, No Problem Sept. 18. Duke athletics later confirmed the news in an email to The Chronicle.

Beck finished her collegiate career with a 107-25 singles record and a 91-34 doubles record, and she was twice named an ITA Singles All-American.

Beck will leave the Blue Devils to pursue a professional career. This summer, she competed as a wild card in the 2023 US Open qualifying tournament. To date, Beck has a 25-16 professional singles record, and she won the doubles championship Junior French Open playing alongside former Virginia Cavalier Emma Navarro.

The Watkinsville, Ga., native owns a Duke record with 23 straight ACC singles victories, and she was integral in leading the team to the 2022 ACC championship. The Chronicle named her to the Chron15 Icons list this spring, and she earned the 2023 ITA National Senior Player of the Year.

Last season, Beck played alongside North Carolina transfer Cam Morra in doubles in the No. 1 slot, and she anchored the Blue Devils’ singles lineup in the top spot. Duke earned the No. 6 overall seed in the NCAA tournament before falling to UCLA at home

In her final singles match with the team, Beck defeated the Bruins’ Tian Fangran 6-3, 6-4. Beck then advanced to the Sweet 16 in the individual bracket before bowing out to Oklahoma’s Layne Sleeth on two straight tiebreaks.

Beck leaves Duke as one of the program’s best players in recent memory.

Emily Wang contributed reporting.

Dom Fenoglio | Assistant Blue Zone editor

Dom Fenoglio is a Trinity sophomore and an assistant Blue Zone editor of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke women's tennis star Chloe Beck to pursue professional career, will not return to Durham” on social media.