Duke men's basketball partners with OneOf for special NFT collection

Duke and OneOf will unveil a special NFT collection ahead of Mike Krzyzewski's final game in Durham.

Ahead of its long-awaited season finale against North Carolina, Duke has a new partnership.

In a Thursday afternoon release, Duke athletics announced a partnership with multi-chain platform and online marketplace OneOf to produce a NFT collection available March 3-5 as part of the lead-up to Duke's rematch against North Carolina, which is also head coach Mike Krzyzewski's final game at Cameron Indoor Stadium. A portion of the proceeds from the partnership will directly support the Emily K Center.

“We’re excited to enter a new space that will engage our passionate fans even more,” said Duke athletic director Nina King in the release. “The beneficiary of outstanding leadership and amazing players for many decades, Duke men’s basketball has built one of the great sports dynasties. With such a historic occasion coming on March 5, this was the right time to provide our fans with an opportunity to finally become part of an ever-growing NFT community.”

NFTs, or non-fungible tokens, are a popular form of blockchain collectible that continues to grow in relevance in the sporting world. The new partnership marks OneOf's first work in the realm of college athletics.

Specific details on the upcoming collection are set to be announced at some point ahead of the March 3 debut.

Jonathan Levitan

Jonathan Levitan is a Trinity senior and was previously sports editor of The Chronicle's 118th volume.

Share and discuss “Duke men's basketball partners with OneOf for special NFT collection” on social media.