How to submit COVID-19 vaccine documentation

Duke announced in April that all students must be vaccinated for COVID-19 before they can enroll for the fall 2021 semester. Here's how students, faculty and staff can submit proof of their vaccines.

Faculty and staff should upload a picture of their vaccination card through the confidential Duke VaxTrax online form. Students should email a photo of their vaccination card to Student Health at covidlabresults@duke.edu after completing their vaccine series.

When students email covidlabresults@duke.edu, they receive an automatic reply. It takes about two to four weeks to update students’ Student Health record upon submitting the documentation.

To check if their documentation has been received, students should log into their Student Health Gateway and click on the “Immunization” tab. Once documentation is processed, the COVID-19 vaccination will appear at the top of the list with all other previous vaccinations.

Students who received vaccines on campus do not need to submit documentation to Student Health. Additionally, student employees whose vaccination records are stored in VaxTrax may already have their vaccine on file with Student Health.

If staff and faculty were vaccinated by May 18 at Blue Devil Tower or Duke Raleigh Hospital Medical Office Building 9, or if they will be vaccinated after May 18 at the Karsh Alumni and Visitors Center, then they do not need to submit proof of vaccination. If an employee received a vaccine at Karsh through Duke Health and did not self-identify as an employee during the appointment, they will need to submit proof of vaccination. 

Staff and faculty members traveling on Duke business must report that they are fully vaccinated. 

May 18 is the last day for vaccination at Blue Devil Tower. Students, faculty and staff who still need to receive a COVID-19 vaccination can schedule an appointment to receive free doses at approved Duke vaccination clinics.

Madeleine Berger profile
Madeleine Berger | Editor at Large

Madeleine Berger is a Trinity senior and an editor at large of The Chronicle's 119th volume.

Share and discuss “How to submit COVID-19 vaccine documentation” on social media.