Duke to begin fall sport seasons with no attendance at home events

<p>&nbsp;</p>

If the Blue Devils' fall sports teams begin their seasons as scheduled the week of Sept. 7, they will have to do so without a home-crowd advantage.

Duke will begin its fall sport seasons without attendance at home events, according to a Monday morning release. Games played on campus will be limited to essential game management personnel and broadcast media.

“To be sure, our venues will not be the same without our passionate, energetic fan base,” Director of Athletics Kevin White said. “Given the unique and challenging circumstances, this determination was reached with the health and safety of our fans, student-athletes, coaches and staff at the forefront.  As this evolving process continues, it is imperative to be both adaptable and compliant in anticipation of hosting fans in the near future.”

The release added that fans who have already purchased single-game or season tickets to football games, as well as those who have seating and suite contracts in Blue Devil Tower, "will receive email correspondence regarding options."

Furthermore, the release stated that "Duke fans have an opportunity to support the team at Brooks Field at Wallace Wade Stadium with a 'fan cutout' of an individual(s) or pet(s)," with packages including stadium location options, weekly prize drawings and the opportunity to have the cutout autographed by football head coach David Cutcliffe.

Share and discuss “Duke to begin fall sport seasons with no attendance at home events” on social media.