Duke Catalyst endorses Luke Farrell for Young Trustee

Catalyst is Duke’s social and pre-professional community for aspiring technologists. We strive to foster Silicon Valley’s spirit of innovation by building a network of student mentors and collaborators who see technology as a catalyst for change. 

We had the opportunity to meet with all candidates running for the position, and after much internal discussion, we have chosen to endorse Luke Farrell for Young Trustee.

All candidates demonstrated passion and qualifications to serve the University throughout their unique experiences. We believe Luke’s experience collaborating with different student groups, advising President Price, and sitting as a voting board member equip him to continue advocating for students in the boardroom. His work in his undergraduate career have heavily benefited students, such as making events campus-wide more accessible and helping reverse Price’s decision to cut healthcare funds.

We value Archana’s passion for creating safe learning spaces with Duke Conversations, Brian’s vision for our future relationship with the Durham community, and Trey’s work to improve hate and bias response.

Catalyst is excited for what the future holds regardless of which candidates are elected as all are strongly qualified to execute their bright visions for our student body. Nevertheless, Luke Farrell is the candidate who will best champion the interests of Duke’s rapidly growing tech community.

Christina Li (P ‘20), President of Duke Catalyst

Share and discuss “Duke Catalyst endorses Luke Farrell for Young Trustee” on social media.